Know about using the search feature to search stories, collections, breaking news, and notifications on the Editor.
To search stories using the Planner panel, perform the following steps:
Search does not operate on the columns New Idea or Not Started.
Use the horizontal scroll bar to move to the right of the Planner panel.
You can use the Workspace to search for stories. You can use filters to narrow your search.
To search one or more stories using the Workspace panel, perform the following tasks:
1. Navigate to the Workspace panel by clicking on Workspace on the main menu.
2. Enter a string in Search.
3. To locate the desired story, click on the column head to navigate to the column.
4. To open the story, click on the story name.
The search function displays those stories where the search string is present either in the story content, its metadata, story attribute, or any of the story fields.
To reset or clear search, perform the following tasks:
1. On Search, click on the cross. : Search is cleared and the complete list of stories is displayed against each column.
You can use filters to search stories and collection by content type, modification date, section, attribute and its value, and author. You can save a filter, share a filter, use a shared filter, and so on.
Perform the following steps to use advanced search:
1. In the Workspace panel, click on FILTERS on the left side of the panel. : The FILTERS pane attaches to the Workspace panel.
2. Under FILTER OPTIONS tab, complete one or more of the following options:
3. Click Apply
If the result is A, then perform the following steps:
a) To locate the desired story, click on the column head to navigate to the column.
b) To open the story, click on the story name.
c) If you want to save your filter, then click Save. Enter a filter name and click Save.
d) To close filters, click on the blue band named FILTERS.
After saving a filter, perform one or more of the following tasks: