What is AMP Pages and how does it work?
AMP stands for “Accelerated Mobile Pages”. This is a technology designed to make web pages load faster and provide a smoother experience for users on mobile devices. It simplifies web pages to their most essential elements and saves a faster version on Google's servers. This helps in showing content real quick.
AMP preloads content, like images and videos, before you click on them. So when you do tap to see them, they appear instantly because they were already loaded in the background.
Steps to Configure AMP Pages:
- Navigate to the workspace
- Access the Settings
- Click on the Configure option
- Choose AMP and enter the necessary details
Points to remember for AMP pages:
- Do not Use External Fonts
- Do not Use Complex Layouts
- Avoid Redirects
- Avoid using Non-Responsive Media
- Do not Overload with Ads
To learn more about AMP pages, click on the following link.