Page-Builder Release Note - 30 Sept 2022
New Features and Enhancements on Ahead/PB
1. New Header: Header 6
2. RTL Preview on Pagebuilder
3. Uniform Time Zone
4. SEO Metadata on static pages
5. AMP Auto Redirection
6. Shortcodes & Targetted Serving of custom code on templates
1) New Header: Header 6
A new header is introduced to Ahead/PB named “Header 6”.
The new header adds the following:
- Bigger logo, center aligned.
- The logo is now allocated a maximum of 104px height on the Desktop and
64px on Mobile. For reference, other headers except “Header 5”
allocates a maximum of 56px on desktop and 32px on mobile.
- This helps to give more prominence to the logo and establish brand
- Date and time.
- You can now choose to display the date and time on the header. This
works by picking the time from the user's device.
- You can choose to enable date alone
- You can choose to enable time alone
- You can choose to enable the date and time together
- You can choose the date format. Options in the image below
- Date and time can be configured from Header Settings > Date and
- Mega menu on Header (Desktop Only)
- MegaMenu comes to use for publishers who do have a large number of
links to be displayed to the end user.
- The mega Menu is powered by the menu group with slug
“mega-menu” created on Bold CMS.
- The mega menu opens up on click on the 3 dots that come up on the
primary menu bar.
- The background color of the megamenu is set from Header Settings >
HAMBURGER AND MEGAMENU
- Header 6 provides the following functionalities as well.
- Enable or Disable App download links
- Enable or Disable Sign-in, Subscribe Buttons
- Enable or Disable Social Media Icons
- Enable or Disable Hamburger Logo, see the following image.
2) RTL Preview on Pagebuilder
Publishers whose Language orientation is RTL (Right To Left), now get their
pagebuilder layout preview orientation set as RTL.
- The layout orientation will be set automatically on page builder based on the
preference of the publisher set on Bold Instance.
- The feature helps RTL publishers while setting and maintaining the layout of
different components on page builder to see how exactly the component will
render on the website.
3) Uniform Time Zone
The publisher can now set the timezone from which they are publishing set in the page
builder and they will be used in the following cases.
- Datetime tag in scouse code.
- The time will be displayed(in story pages) in the local time, which will
be picked from the user's device. However, the HTML behind it will
include the time in the timezone chosen by the publisher.
- Eg HTML : <time datetime="2021-09-09T11:23:31+05:30">9 sep,
- In structured data, the timezone chosen will be made use of.
- Following is a screenshot of a story page tested on the Structured data
4) SEO Metadata on static pages
When an editor setup a static page from bold, he can now add the following
metadata on the Bold CMS. Following are the metadata that can be passed from the
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Meta Keywords
The website now consumes this data and will be added as part of the metadata of
5) AMP Auto Redirection
In page builder, the publisher does have the option to enable and disable AMP
- By default, the AMP pages are turned on. This would generate a
corresponding AMP story page for Story pages.
- If a publisher Turns off these AMP story pages from pagebuilder, all of the
AMP story links which were indexed by search engines /shared on social
media will throw a 404.
- The Auto redirection ensures the AMP story links are redirected to the
non-AMP story pages in the event of the AMP story template being turned off.
- This helps in stopping the 404’s from getting populated in the Google search
console ”Not found (404)” error list.
- This helps in keeping the SEO juice intact.
6) Shortcodes & Targetted Serving of custom code on templates
The publishing house does have need of adding custom code onto the <head> and
<body> tags in the HTML to meet requirements around custom widgets, 3rd party
- A publisher can add custom code to the website via General Settings >
Manage > Insert Custom Code > Click Here to Insert(Pop-up)
- The publisher can choose to serve the custom code on all pages of the
website or on specific templates.
- The publisher can choose the template by clicking on the tabs on the left
- To serve the custom code on all pages he can choose “All Pages” from the
- Once custom code is added, changes are made on the custom code. He needs to
save the same and publish it for the changes to reflect on the website.
Shortcode on Insert code
- We have now exposed 5 variables that can be used along with custom code
- Following are the variables
- Page Type: This variable will tell if the page that you are visiting is
story page, section page, tag page, etc.
- Story Id : This variable exposes the story ID from Bold CMS. This
variable provides data only on story page. On other pages “null” will be
- Primary Section : This variable exposes the primary section that the
story is tagged to.On other pages “null” will be the response.
- Story Slug : This variable exposes the story slug.On other pages “null”
will be the response.
- Story Type: This variable exposes the story type and tells if the story
the user is visiting is text story, video story, live blog etc. On other
pages “null” will be the response.